We are pleased to present book , written by . Download book in PDF, TXT, FB2 or any other format possible on 2020-eala-conference.org.
Dale Banham, Matthew Fearns-Davies
Engaging with AQA GCSE (9-1) History.pdf
Exam board: AQA
First teaching: September 2016
First exams: Summer 2018
Make AQA GCSE History more accessible, enjoyable and manageable.
Based on his own experience of teaching the specification, renowned author Dale Banham knows how to cover the content with the right pace and depth, while also equipping students with the knowledge and 'complex thinking' skills required for exam success.
Using the latest research on memory and visible learning, this textbook will help to raise attainment for students of all abilities.
- Engage students with accessible routes into challenging topics: the text is broken down into bullet points and boxes, while stories about interesting people start each chapter, providing a memorable 'hook' for revision
- Encourage students to take responsibility for their learning: tasks are structured around five 'steps to success', teaching students how to Research, Summarise, Connect, Apply and Review the content
- Make learning stick: techniques such as interleaving, retrieval practice, dual coding and spaced practice help students to remember everything and use their knowledge effectively in the exams
- Build top-grade skills: the higher-order thinking skills required to construct complex arguments and reach the upper levels of the AQA mark schemes are carefully modelled, with step-by-step advice
- Improve exam results: practice questions, revision tips and guidance based on the examiners' reports are embedded throughout the book, alongside purposeful homework activities for each week
- Cover the content in one term: a double-page spread for each lesson and a clear pathway through each unit focuses students on what they really need to know, leaving one final term for revision
The five-term plan is provided FREE for teachers in the Free schemes of work and lesson resources (available on the Dynamic Learning platform), along with editable resources that support the tasks in the textbooks and guidance on using homework effectively.